Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of children in Croydon? We are seeking Social Workers to join us and help shape the future of our Care Planning Service.
Care Planning Service brings together services for children subject to child protection plans and children in need. Working with your Team Manager and colleagues, you will be using your skills and knowledge to create the best possible outcomes for children and families in Croydon.
The London Borough of Croydon is a thriving cultural hub. It’s a truly unique place to practice social work – Croydon is one of the fastest growing populations in the UK and is home to 94,000 children.
It’s an exciting time to be joining us. To meet the changing needs of our children and families we are investing more than £10 million in adapting our delivery model to support the highest quality service.
For you, this investment means you will have the opportunity to grow your skills and develop your career as well as make your mark by helping to shape the way we support children and families.
We are looking for confident social workers that are working in a statutory environment:
- have completed their ASYE
- experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions
- skilled in managing complex cases and
- competent in presenting cases in court with demonstrable professionalism and empathy.
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence – making effective assessments, implementing plans, delivering interventions and undertaking court work.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croydon Council, we are looking for people who can drive our service forward.
Our offer to you
- salary range of £38,598 to £47,191 per annum including a welcome payment of up to £2,500 per annum for Advanced Social Workers (paid at 6 months)
- 30 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays with the option to buy up to an additional 10 more days of annual leave through salary sacrifice
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.